[TechAssist] Pioneer SD-P6091 help

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 02:27:36 -0500

Hi gang. Been working with this Pioneer SD-P6091 at
the customer's home, the thing did not come on at all.
I resoldered the whole pwr/deflection board and check
ALL transistors, including HOT, driver, etc, and all
caps. Fixed a lot cracked solders, the rest seemed ok.
After that, the thing tries to come on, red light first,
green light after, relays clicking and back to red light.
There is no HV. Leaving HOT's collector floating makes
no difference. (maybe the set does not come on if
there is no horizontal output -like many others it
may use a fbt derived voltage to stay on-)
I suspect the FBT but i have no means to check it
at the customer's home (50 miles round trip) and
I am painfully bad at performing measurements at floor level..
(the less the better!!)

It might be as well a bad audio output or something shorted
at the convergence module (I am going to have to check all
that next time anyway) The FBT # is ATK1103  and
only Pioneer seems to have it. Same with the service manual,
both rather expensive, would have to raise the estimate too high..

The customer said that before it went dead, the set used to shrink
horizontally at random (could be cold solder, could be the fbt...)

If someone is familiar with those sets ( I usally do not put up very well
with Pioneers) I would appreciate very much any tip, suggestion or
piece of advice, and any alternate source for service manual
and ATK1103 FBT
Thanks in advance
Jorge

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX