[TechAssist] Philips/Admiral 32V514-00AA needs multiple pushes of start button to turn on

  • From: "Larry E" <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:30:08 -0500

Hi Guys, This Philips built Admiral has the following model # on it, A12360
C101, don`t recognize
it as a Philips but thought I would list it anyway, went out Friday and
customer sits there
pushing the power button repeatedly (15-20 times) and set comes on and plays
perfectly
but it may shut down in 5 minutes or 5 hours according to him, he then can turn
it back
on with the usual one push of the remote, I measured the HOT`s collector in
standby
and have 135 volts but at turn on it drops to 88 volts (when it doesn`t start).
I jumped the
relay and the set does not start, have 5 volts at the button assy. so it
doesn`t appear to
be "windex syndrome". The power supply dropping to 88 volts at a turn on
attempt is
obviously a problem, I don`t have a schematic so I`m fishing for tips at this
point, already
went over the board and resoldered all poor connections, this set doesn`t
appear to
have the 10 Ohm resistor on the crt board that the "K & M" chassis`s had so,
any ideas?
Thanks in advance, Larry E
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics