[TechAssist] Philips TIVO DSR6000..locks up.(DirecTV combo unit)

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techsonline" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:14:50 -0500

About two times per week, this unit will lock up while watching it.
It looks like it is shutting down, then powering up on it's own, then locks up
at
"Please wait, powering up".
The only way to get it up and running again is to unplug for 15 minutes or so,
then it works fine for a few days.
I was under the impression this unit had a one year warranty, but come to find
out
3 month on labor warranty and I don't really want to have to pay $150 for such
an
intermittent problem.
Is anyone on this list repairing these and is familiar with this problem?
Thank you.

Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX 717-564-4952
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video & Electronics      Be careful of your thoughts.
501 Luther Rd                        They may become your words
Harrisburg, PA 17111                            any moment.
717-909-8844
VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: