[TechAssist] Philips 60P8341 PTV915 no sound, intermittent remote ops, manual needed

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:31:35 -0500

This one has no sound other than occasionally a pop or brief distorted
output.  The cust says it happened before, another servicer changed the
board (looks like the small signal board was replaced) and it worked for a
year now failed again.  I have searched for tips on this problem but found
none.  Will need the schematic to troubleshoot this one.  Anyone have the
manual that you could upload or email?  Any suggestions?

If it is just a bad output IC I can figure that out w/o the schematic, but
with repeated failure I'd like to know more about the circuit, supplies,
etc.  Also, the other idiot that serviced it did a sloppy job aligning it
after changing the board.

All of the supplies that I could identify seem about right and stable. About
18v to the audio output.  I have not duplicated the remote problem.  That
might be just the remote or batteries and unrelated.  All other functions
appear to be ok.

Thanks.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World