[TechAssist] Philips 36H800-7592 dead again

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:09:30 -0500

I replaced the diode on the SSB that Philips says to replace for a dead set.
It worked for several days in the shop before I put the back on, and a
couple days with the back on, before the customer picked it up on the 24th.
He got help putting it back in place this weekend, and it worked for about a
half hour then quit. Just like last time, he was able to turn it on again
for short periods
but it won't stay on now.

That diode is what the factory said to replace for that problem and it sure
seemed to do the job when I ran it for days here in the shop. The other
thing they said to do was replace the whole board, if I didn't want to try
to do the tiny diode. He felt the board was way too expensive when I called
him, so we went with the diode.

Has anyone done just the diode and had the set stay fixed?
Has anyone replaced the board and NOT had the set stay fixed?

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH