[TechAssist] Philips 27TS57 (C101) lost high channels

  • From: "Art Bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 08:54:35 -0500

Started as a "no startup" problem, found and replaced shorted vertical
output IC and two 1 ohm resistors. After a day or so, the customer =
called
and said she couldn't get any channels above 50.

I stopped by with a service remote, and couldn't get the high channels,
either by auto programming or by manually setting in the channels. We =
tried
another set on the cable and it worked fine so it's not a cable issue. =
When
I set in 51 into the scan memory, channel 51 shows the exact same =
program as
50, as though the tuning voltage was "stuck". When I go to channel 65, =
there
is just snow. The lady is very patient, and I told her I'd do some =
research
and get back to her. I wrote down all of the option bytes and settings =
while
I was there.

I don't have the exact service manual, but I'm suspicious that maybe a =
power
supply voltage is off.

Does anyone have any tips on this chassis, or a schematic?

Thanks,

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street