[TechAssist] Re: Philips 27PT81S125, Ch. 27H800-7592. Remote not working

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:11:08 -0400

That sounds like it might very well be a defective SSB (small signal board)
to which I believe you were referring to.

INFORMATION:  When handling the Small Signal Boards for the H8
chassis ALL E.S.D. PRECAUTIONS MUST BE TAKEN.

This includes wrist strap to chassis ground (tuner) and anti static
packaging of the SSB module.  Remove all external chassis connectors
(signal/AV/AC power) before changing the SSB.

There is a common failure with a zener diode on the SSB which can cause
various symptoms (Note: this diode is small and must be replaced with
extreme care). See the following:

SYMPTOM:   No color at turn on (or at second turn on after AC break).
This is more common with room temperatures below 70 F.

SYMPTOM:   No turn on from standby, most often after standby overnight
and at room temperatures below 70 degrees F.

CURE:  Both symptoms are cured by replacing zener diode 6031 with
Service Code 9322 131 13685, a 2.4 volt part or with 9340 548 42115,
also a 2.4 volt part.  This part is on the Small Signal Board.   The zener
is
on the side of the SSB facing the tuner, just above pin 5 of IC 7066.
The PWB is marked A and K.  The end of the part with the bar is K.

Also the cure can be made by replacing the SSB.  Care in alignment is
necessary
if the SSB is replaced. The part number for the SSB module is 313917863191.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms