[TechAssist] Panasonic VCR PV-S4480-K no video during play

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:39:35 -0400

I have this Panasonic VCR, model PV-S4480-K which has no video during
play. Sound is ok. The picture is only grey with faint out of sync lines
running through the screen. Video output or RF out gives same result. I
replaced some high ESR caps in the power supply. Researched tips but
only found one for a model # PV-S-4764 which said to replace open IC
protector PR8301 on SVHS board. I looked for that IC protector on the
SVHS board in this unit and I can't see it. Must be a different board.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics