[TechAssist] Panasonic PV-S4270 VCR,Non-polarized SME Caps?

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:28:07 -0800

Hi fellow techs,

Is there such a thing as non-polarized SME capacitors?  I am repairing a
Panasonic VCRS0154 (Hi-Fi board) for a PV-S4270 SVHS VCR that has 15 SME
caps, with 4 of them being 4.7uF @ 16v with no negative marking on the
can.  I am guessing that the cap manufacturer neglected to paint the
negative side, but I have never seen this before so I don?t know.  The
printing is over to the right on the caps, so there is room for the
black paint on the left.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada