[TechAssist] Panasonic PV-M1365AD (X mechanism) does not play

  • From: "John at Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 18:09:05 -0600

Hello.  I am working on this Panas PVM1365AD made in 1996 with a X
mechanism.  It came in with a cassette stuck.  I replaced the geneva gear
(VXPS0372) and also replaced the mode switch (VSSS0150). Now, when I insert
a cassette, the tape loads to the heads, the heads spin for 4 seconds, then
stop. If I turn power off, then on, the tape is pulled back to the cassette.
It does not play or fast-forward/rewind.  All the gears are aligned ( I must
have done a hundred of these), the LED and sensors are good and the capstan
motor is good because it pulls the tape back into the cassette.  Has anyone
had this problem before?  Thanks, John.

John Mielke
Main TV
636 main St.