[TechAssist] Panasonic M# ct-32d10b shuts down

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:35:38 -0500

Hi everyone, I have this tv that was struck by lightning. I found D825
avalanche diode shorted on the 130v line. I changed it OEM and now the set
turns on and shuts down after developing HV. The HV isn't to high in fact I
think it is a little low. Current drain doesn't seem to high. All supply
voltages are there and secondary of scan supply is there for the moment it is
on.  I can't seem to find anything wrong.
I did jump the relay and hit the power button. the relay clicks off but the hv
stays on.  I get a picture, full deflection, just no osd or system control
because it thinks it is shutdown. Also, when it shutsdown it will not turn back
on until the unit is unplugged.

If anyone has any suggestions they will be welcome.

Thanks

Jason
Mouton Electronics