[TechAssist] Panasonic Camcorder PV-L606D, door latch problem.

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:09:53 -0500

Another tech had this unit apart and I think there is a part missing that
moves the latch plate to release the door when the eject button is moved.
The latch plate is mounted inside the back case section and is made up of
one stationary plate and one moving plate, the door has a bracket with two
fingers that lock into the moving part of the latch plate when closed. There
is nothing to connect to the latch plate to cause it to move and release the
door. I have the micro fiche which does not show anything connecting to the
latch plate, I called the Panasonic tech assistance line and they were no
help at all. Would anyone happen to have one of this model or similar model
to look at and tell me how this latch operates?
Jim Myers
Since 1972
Telrad Electronic Services Co.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815