[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic Camcorder PV-L550 DEW Problem

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:55:11 -0400

The dew sensor problem is common on those. It is a part of the assembly with
the zoom switch and the pause button. The sensor and the contacts to it are
printed and the contacts go bad. You have to get something usually called L
Case Flex Connector Unit or something to that effect. Different name and
part number for each model. Send a fax to 800 348 7315 with the model number
and ask for the part number that gets you the dew sensor.
As for the zoom motor, my guess is that some curious person was in there
before you and poked, pulled, and pushed things to try to fix the dew sensor
problem.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave