[TechAssist] Re: Orion Model# TV1934 disable V-chip Password

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:46:31 -0500

Here are three descriptions of how to do the volume down routine. Maybe
you are just not doing something exactly right? I haven't found any
other way of getting into the orion/ emerson/ Sansui menus, except for
some Emerson models where there was a tiny hole in the remote that you
stick a pointy object into which activated the menu.

from service manual for  TV1929
push the number 9 on remote
and VOL DOWN on set at same time
hold for 2 sec
this will put you in service mode

decrease volume to minimum then while holding vol down on tv press 9 on
remote. Use ch up/dn to select setting and vol up/dn to change
Power off with tv power button to save and exit.

Orion\TVCR0950BW\Service menu\\\\Set the volume level to minimum after=
  unplug the power cord once from AC source in order to set the tv/vcr
to the=
  reset mode\Press the vol down key on the set and the channel 9 button on=
  the remote control simultaneously to display adjustment mode on the=
  screen.\Use the number keys on the remote to select the function you
want.=
  Use vol up & down on remote to adjust\Vert size is 2\No way to do it=
  without the remote\\\\\

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada