[TechAssist] Newer Zenith Flatrons Loud Popping snd ?

  • From: "Keith Trumbla" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:45:11 -0500

I have been selling these Flat CRT sets (D27F45G) for about 4 years now without
a breakdown. Now I have two (a 24" & 27") that have the same complaint from two
different customers. They say it makes a really loud crack then goes dark. It
scares them to a point where they don't want to use them anymore. Both of my
customers are seniors in this case. They don't have humidifiers. The 27" is in
my shop and has been as quiet as a church mouse for two days. Anyone seen this
before ?
TIA
Keith Trumbla
BEM Electronics