[TechAssist] Re: Needed vertical out section print on Mitsubishi CS-35205A

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 02:44:48 +0000

I'm home now so am going on memory. I belive there should be voltage on the
pin 8 (VCC) and I think it is pin 13 ( power supply for vert out), some
times the pin 1 12 volts missing is caused by problems near a sw mode
transformer, but since that is present and you are missing the VCC supply
there is probabbly an open resistor coming from the flyback, usually a low
ohm fusable and possibly a diode the only shematic I have at home for MGA
is for a CS27EX1 on that set it would be pin 3 of the FBT thru R558 a 0.33 Ù
to pin 13 of the IC which has 24.7V  (LA7837 but same pin as LA7838), how it
compaires to that set is ?? but designers usally savage some ideas
(hopefully), so My only advice would be to check pin 13 of the vert IC for
voltage and follow back from there.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Dave Huston" <HustonTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Needed vertical out section print on Mitsubishi
CS-35205A
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:34:59 -0400

Hugh,
Yes, I double checked the model number twice since I couldn't find any
schematic listed. It uses a LA7838 for IC401. Pin 1 has aprox. 12vdc but I
find nil voltage on pin 8. Not sure what voltages to look for.

Dave Huston
Huston TV & Electronics
2846 Marion-Cardington Rd.E.
Marion,Oh 43302-8919