[TechAssist] Re: Need part:Sony KV27EXR25--IF block

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 03:15:05 +0000

Have you tried soddering the if block? Take it out remove the cover and
sodder it (some even have a connection marked AFT) and any other bad
connections, Tunner connections a possibility too. I find that 99.8% of all
Sony IF blocks and tuners made before about 1993 can be repaired by
soddering the insides. Only have had to replcace about 2 out of the many
that we've seen over the last 15 years. On the EXR and XBR series bad
connections on low volatge regulators can cause Phantom tunner and control
problems Especialy look along some of the larger heat sinks.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Adolph Gower" <agower@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>