[TechAssist] Re: Need help on Sony KV35V65 shutting down inter.

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:47:32 -0700

I would unsolder the horiz.drive transformer,clean and scrape at the pins and
resolder.
I have seen alot of cold solders at this transformer which will cause a loss of
drive and thus will shut the tv dn.Just a suggestion but may help.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ
PS   Also check the connections at the hot and the IFT.

ERNtv@xxxxxxx wrote:

> This tv sometimes comes on and runs for a while then other times the high
> voltage
>  stays for 1 to 3 seconds. I have scoped the horiz drive back to the IC351
> and taken voltage readings on pin 35 which when its running reads 3.3V when
> shut
> down is 9.3V. The B+ stays on the horiz output at 135V, I also have checked
> the voltages on the vertical output. At this point I am at a loss where to
> look
> next.
> Thank you
> Scott