[TechAssist] Re: Need Resistor Value (5 color bands - readable)

  • From: ray clarke <ray260@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:12:40 -0800 (PST)

Bill, your second choice works out to be 92100M ohm so
that's probably not right. The first choice BGBRW
works out to 68.1k if we assume the last band is
silver instead of white. Scince the last band is
tolerance 68.1k ohms is probably what your looking
for.
You can check out this site.
http://samengstrom.com/elec/resistor/5band.html
HTH Ray
--- Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Panasonic PV-DM2799
> 27" TV-DVD-VCR
>
> The SMPS is not running and I found an open
> resistor, and
> a shorted STRG6651 power converter chip. D1508 was
> also
> shorted.
>
> Scraping the coating off of one side of the 1/4W
> resistor,
> I was able to measure as high as 100 Ohms from each
> end to
> the break in the center.
>
> It's not at all burnt, but ~200 Ohms or so isn't
> even close
> to the color code (any way I read it). My trick
> didn't work
> this time!
>
> The colors on the resistor are as follows:
> BLUE - GRAY - BROWN - RED - WHITE
>
> or it could be read:
> WHITE - RED - BROWN - GRAY - BLUE
>
> The STRG6651 reads 5 Ohms from pin 3 to pin 4 so I
> figure
> it's toast.
>
> Bil Green
> PC 1000