[TechAssist] Need Help With Fisher CA-77 audio amp

  • From: Anthony Rock <tonyrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:41:08 -0400

Hello all,

I have a Fisher CA-77 stereo amplifier that is dead on the left channel.
When the customer brought it in there was just a hum on the left
channel. After doing all the usual voltage checks and finding all Ok I
replaced the audio output IC which is a STK 4151-11. It still does not
work. The left channel sounded like it was on the brink of going into
oscilation and it died again. I have no service information at all on
this amp. I have been  tearing my hair out for over a week now. Can
someone please help.

Thanks
Tony
tonyrock@xxxxxxxxxxx