[TechAssist] Re: Need Help !!!!!! (Intermittant Shut Down)

  • From: Al L <alleathe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:24:28 -0500

Aloha!
    Have you tried putting a peak hold meter on the shut down lines to trace
where the shutdown is coming from,and of course you have disabled shut down
to see if it works that way?Since you have to unplug the set after
shutdown,it is almost certain to run with the shut down line disabled. I
suspect regulator circuit,flyback or yoke,since we are talking heat and
humidity,right,ya lucky bugger,living in Hawaii!Only takes a spike to shut
down. And of course you have applied solder to the drive transformer,H
out,and fly? Good luck from freezing NJ,ya lucky bugger!

Al Leatherman
224 RT. 46
Mine Hill, NJ 07803
973-361-5796