[TechAssist] Re: Need EEPROM for Philips M#TS2744

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:58:45 -0400

See the following from WINSTIPS:

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

PHILIPS   B8

No Pix, No Sound, No Osd, Black Screen...Has H.V.

Consumer Service

Eeprom Ic346 (#4835 2098 8527)....Removed From Set, Powered Up Without
Eeprom & Sound/Pix/Osd Returned

PHILIPS   B8

Picture Blanks Out : May Be Top Or Bottom Half

Jeff Stielau : 7/22/99 : Shoreline Electronics

Ic346  Eeprom Bad.   4835 209 88527 : To Test Just Remove & Observe Picture.

PHILIPS   B8

Pix - Lower 1/2 Blacked Out-Raster Is Full

Hugh

Ic346 Eeprom. Note: Rca 218397 Works Ok!

PHILIPS   B8

Raster No Go, No Video (Slick Raster) Of Only The Top Half Of The Raster

Joe Searles TV Repair

Cause:  Corrupted value in EEPROM memory, IC346, register 67

Cure:  TO AVOID CHANGING ALL MEMORY LOCATIONS:
          1. With set unplugged from AC, ground pin 6 of memory IC (IC346).
          2.  Power set and turn on. Video and/or raster should be restored
          3.  Enter Sevice Mode using remote control (06-25-96 menu).
          4.  With cursor up/down select register 67
          5. With right/left cursor, set value to 1D
          6.  While on remove ground from pin 6 of IC346
          7.  Press MENU to save.  Press 9, then right cursor, set will turn
off
          8.  Break AC power for 10 seconds to insure value is saved.
          9.  Restore AC power and check operation.

If full video is restored in step 2 but readjustment of register 67 does not
resolve problem, do the following before replacing the EEPROM:

        A.  Perform steps #1, #2, and #3 above.
        B.  While in the Service mode, record all displayed values in pages
b through
             H.
             (Using remote, press # 1 for page A, # 2-page B, # 3-page C, #
4-page D,
               # 5-page E, # 6-page F, # 7 page G and # 8-page H.)
        C.  Return to page A (press # 1) and press A/CH on remote to write
to write
             defaults from the micro processor to the memory IC.
        D.  Complete steps 7, 8 and 9 avove.
        E.  Turn on set, enter Service Mode and reset pages B through H to
the
              recorded values in Step B.

PHILIPS   B8

Video No Go, Sound Normal

Joe Searles Tv Repair  Virginia Beach, Va 23452

First Found Bad Connections On Vertical Ic. Replaced Ic500.  Still No Video.
Shorted Pin 6 Of Eeprom To Ground (Pin 7) And Video Came On.  Replaced
Eeprom Ic346. Adjusted Using Values Taken From Old Eeprom.  If All Values
Are Corrupted, Readjustment Of Set Will Be Necessary.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms