[TechAssist] Necvox DVA310X (auto) DVD player

  • From: MYERSVCR@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:18:24 EDT

        Hello- I am just attempting to bench test this DVD player, the
customer did not have owner's manual anymore but surprisingly  a customer
service
rep for Mobile TV in California faxed me all 25 pages.
    However, I usually do not do these units and the instructions for wiring
are sort of bad English:
    a 4 wire cluster (yellow, red, blue, and black) on rear of player
    are identified simply enough as;
    Yellow: Batt
    Red: ACC
    Black : Gnd
    Blue:   sidebrake
    with the following caution: "if blue wire is not connection correctly or
release from battery connection, "DANGER' image will be shoal on the screen"
    That's exactly what the manual says, bad spelling not changed.
    I have no idea what sidebrake means, it passes through a fuse block but
does not connect to any thing, just passes right thru. Anyone know what this
gets connected to?
Craig

Craig Myers
Myers Electronics