[TechAssist] NEED DATA JVC VCR HR-DD840U..FIXED

  • From: "DOCVIDEO" <DOCVIDEO@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:56:35 -0700

All
     Still looking for this JVC vcr HR-DD840U timing data and parts
list.....this VCR
is same as a Magnavox VRT462AT01..and very close to JVC's HR-A42U..decks look
same
but has some modifications with parts, mainly removal of two control plates no
longer
needed due to the modification of Idler assbly and brake slide plate.

The fix for problems were as follows....

1.  Customer had pried out a cassette and broke off the tape guide pin off of
tension
arm that pulls tape across and under Pinch Roller before it is lowered to make
contact with Capstan shaft. Plus he had dis-assembled some of the upper deck
components. Found another pin in scrap heap, super glued in place , then melted
an
extra pcs of plastic around pin base for support under torque.

2. Cassette would not insert nor load properly....found tray cassette tension
arms
bent ..guides bent....frame bent.....corrected all these.

3. Once cassette was loaded it would not stay in down position and would bounce
back
and forth..but not all the way to eject till the 3-4 try.
There is a Cassette Down Switch on it's own PCB and mounted behind the front
control
board, it also has a cable attaching it to the main display/opps front control
board..... there was nothing on the cassette load assbly to actuate this
switch...alas missing....called a " Cassette Switch Pin " which is pressed down
actuate the Cassette In switch when the cassette is loaded . I re-positioned
this
switch so I could actuate it when cassette was loaded. Cassette loaded and both
post
went up to lock into play mode position...but...no play...unit
stopped...powered off.

4. Problem was and is a major one for this deck....spring was missing from the "
TAKEUP LEVER ASSBLY" hidden under the Brake Slide Plate.
The normal cause would of been the spring retainer pins brake off, and the
spring
would be laying loose underneath....in this case the spring was missing . I
found a
replacement spring ..installed and re-tested....
VCR's operations were normal.....course I was holding the Cassette In switch
closed
the whole time.

In close I am ordering a new Cassette Switch Pin for the load assbly which I
will let
all know if this is the correct part # PQ46359..which I found in manual for the
HR-A42U manual.

Remember to always look for this spring when working on this deck.

For those interested I have a data sheet made up on fixing the broken spring
retainers problem....it will show you clearly where to find it.
MONTE MONCRIEF
BAKERSFIELD, CA.
DOCVIDEO@xxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 6:53 AM
Subject: [TechAssist] NEED DATA JVC VCR HR-DD840U

Need timing sequence for a JVC HR-DD840U..
Customer husband dismantled after prying out cassette. Parts missing...but main
concern is to time whole unit.
Thanks
MONTE MONCRIEF
BAKERSFIELD, CA.