[TechAssist] Re: Mozilla and other browsers

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:53:47 -0500

Ah! Another do it yourselfer like me!
I find with web-stuff, that if you want it done right , you almost have
to do yourself unless you want to spend a PILE of money on a real pro.

I used to have a site as part of a Verizon package. Total cookie cutter
crap.
I hated it so much , that I had them take it down.
HTML coding isn't all that hard. Once you get the hang of it, it's
easier than
learning that stupid fronpage program, which as you say creates a bunch
of inefficient
garbage. Your site will do EXACTLY what you want if you hard code it.
Not to mention
faster loading!

There are a couple tutorial sites on the net. Have you seen
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/ ?
Between that and a huge book on HTML, XHTML routines and commands I can
do just about
anything with it...stay tuned...I'm on a roll toward putting up a server
etc. Allot of work, but I think
it will be worth it.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix