[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi CS35301, Need Source for Parts

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:37:26 -0500

I may be wrong on this, but I think the caps are meant to help eliminate
line noise from the electrical supply causing interference on
neigbouring equipment, such as when someone uses an electric beater in
the kitchen and you see interference lines on the TV from it. Guessing
that the value of the caps determines what frequencies of interference
they effect.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

gulftech@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I wrote about this set a few days ago.  Two caps blasted on power supply.
>  Bob Norcross from Lakeside TV was kind enough to identify them for me,
> but I can't find a source.
>
> C9180 AC125/250V .01uF
> C9190  AC125V 0.022uF
>
> Now a theory question about these caps.  These AC caps go from hot to
> cold ground.  What is the purpose of these caps?  Will a set run without
> them?  (Not that I intend to even try, just curious.)  Are the values
> critical?  I went thru the boneyard and can't find either value.  I did
> find the .01 listed under a NAP number at Tritronics, but they can't help
> with the other.
>
> TIA,
>
> Ken Smith
> Gulf Technical Services