[TechAssist] Re: Marshal Amplifier VTA150 Blows outputs.

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:52:54 -0400

"blew the outputs up in flames????"

Is this a solid state Marshall?
All of the Marshalls that I've dealt with had tube outputs.

If it IS a solid state output, you probably  damaged the speaker voice coil.
A single shorted output will put DC out on the speaker. I ALWAYS remove
all speakers
from solid state direct coupled outputs untill I know what's going on
with them.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway