[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox monitor

  • From: HenlopenTV@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:08:55 EST

In a message dated 2/24/2006 10:56:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wpt19@xxxxxxxxx writes:
This  very old monitor magnavox model CM8562.  plays for 5 to
10 minutes,  then no picture, only one horizontal line, I have replaced
the TDA2653A,  vertical IC, with no luck. need help or the print, I'm no
good in monitors,  and my friend don't want to replace this trophy,
manufactured in 1986 .  maybe this monitor was made by Commodore.

If I'm not mistaken, that model had problems with solder connections around
the yoke connector.  I was a Commodore authorized repair facility during  the
early 1990s, and I may still have a service manual on this model.

bill