[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox XS2552 C102, chassis 25P613-00AA, blows HOT immediately, need to know value of B+

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:05:05 -0500

Kevin,

Quit using those darn NTE outputs and buy a good stock of real
transistors.  You end up beating yourself to death because of a bad sub
and think it's something else.  Costs you time, money, and patience.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Wed, 19 May 2004 12:49:10 -0700 Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx> writes:
> I measured the B+ before I installed the HOT by putting a 110 ohm, 30
> watt resistor from collector to ground.  The B+ measured 127 volts,
> and
> the STR30130 was ouputting 130.2 volts.  Thinking everything was
> good, I
> installed the new HOT (Q502 NTE 2353) and turned the set on.  The HV
> came up but 'sounded funny', so I quickly turned the TV off and
> discovered a totally black fuse and shorted HOT.  My flyback rings
> good.
> Could it still be a bad flyback?
>
> Kevin Wilks
> Kevin's TV & Video Repair