[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox TV/VCVR,M:CCR131, shutdown when rewind

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:44:32 -0400

There are several possibilities with that mechanical chassis. I usually take
all the screws out that hold it down, load a transparent dummy, press
rewind, and pull the plug quick when it locks up. Now I can pull the chassis
to see what is wrong. Either the Mode Change  Lever will be in the wrong
position or the reel brakes will be on. If the reel brakes are on, the M
Lever Holder is sticking or worn out, the mode switch is worn out, the
pulley assembly is worn or broken, the cam is worn, or some combination of
these. If the Mode change lever is in the wrong position ( the reel yoke
lever should be at the top of an upside- down V slot) the main lever needs
replaced (because its pivot is worn) or its pin in the cam is bent, the cam
is worn, or the mode switch is worn, or some combination of these.
Sometimes the Mode Change Lever is loose from its clips at the left end -
usually pretty obvious. There is a rubber wedge that is installed to spread
the clips. The parts are inexpensive compared to the labor and you can
install them all for the same labor. All those parts wear and warp.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609