[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox RJ8540 AK03 (PTV325?)video blacks out intermittantly

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:32:24 -0800

Resolder connectors on the the PCB's.
I think the horiz. Oscillator pcb is mounted to the board on the left.Resolder
it's connector.
from Winstips,various PTV3 chassis
Heat/chill TDA1770 on horiz. osc. board if there.
C450/455(470uf/25v)Main "Pi" Filters On 13v Line,if in there.
Module A10320b002 (Defl): Solder Bad At T2-14 Next Stake.  Resolder All Stakes
(if these are feedthru stakes go over both sides of pcb)
Have Video Going Into A/V I/O Jack Board But Not Out. Replace A/V Jack Panel
R620 47k And R621 6.8k On Enterface Panel Reversed At Factory   (Svm Circuit)

Peggs

At 06:12 AM 11/5/03, Philip Bader wrote:
>I resurrected this 1989 46 inch Magnavox projection TV for my own use
>3-4 years ago.Ever since then, sometimes the screen just blinks out
>black for a moment, then blinks back normal. Not HV loss, video loss.
>Sometimes I think I see  have noise in the pix as it happens. Old
>timers, remember when the old TVs had dirty breakdown switches? Not the
>verttical collapse part, the video part of the switch. Like that.Totally
>black, like "cut off", or blanking. It seems to me to happen during
>especially violent scenes with a lot of action and flashing bright
>scenes (like in action movies).
>It has done this for as long as I have had it.May go days normal, or may
>blink several times a night. I thought it looked somewhat like those
>Sony TVs with the "IK" circuit cutting in and out.
>I am doing some maintanence on it Thursday for the holidays(fluid
>change, cleaning mirror,etc) and I want to address this symptom while
>it's open.
>Any related symptom histories on this model?
>Phil Bader
>--
>Philip Bader
>Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
>3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
>Fax (863) 299-8821
>email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>For Professional Technicians Only

>Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>http://sell.tech-assist.org
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives: