[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox Ch.25B800 Shuts Down

  • From: "zeus" <zeus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 07:59:23 -0600

Try scoping the base of the Horiz out xsistor with the collector opened.
Just finished one like this.
I'll bet horix freq will vary drastically.
Fix was the resonator 503hz xtail. Orange in color.  Heating and cooling
xtail proved it was the culpurt.
Just before shut down you could not see the freq drift.   Only with a scope
could I find this one.  (and help from another tech.  Can't for the life of
me recall his mane right now I hope he does not take offense when he sees
this.)
Tom Sterling
Sterling Electronics
Camdenton, Mo. 65020