[TechAssist] Re: Mag Proj TV Convergence menu

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:19:28 -0500

Robert,
From Tech Repair CD:
Magnavox\6S4620W101  PTV730\Multiple symptoms could occur as the result of this
problem. The primary
symptoms are: 1)  The Aux inputs operate incorrectly.\The Aux inputs produce a
poor quality out of sync
picture.  The picture information will be tuner information as opposed to the
inputted Aux input
source.\2) Various Set Features Fail To Correctly Operate* Such As The Pip*
Remote Locator Ect...3)
Possible Loss Of Customer Convergence. 4)  Possible Changes In
The\PTV730-AH01\Vertical Height/Lin*
Horizontal Width or changes in the overall picture geometry settings. 5)
Accessing the Smart Picture
(Movies) results in a poor quality out of sync\Cause:  Microprocessor Randomly
Writing Default Values To
The Eeprom On The Small Signal Board. Test:  When Encountering A Symptom\As
Described Above Enter The
Service Mode (06-25-96-menu)* Inspect Register 17 (feature Id) For The Value Of
00.  If 00 Is Present\Its
Probable That The Microprocessor Has Written Default Values To The Eeprom.
Solution:  Replace The Small
Signal Module And Perform Routine Service Mode Adjustments.\\\\\

Magnavox\FP522 W101\Convergence is out\Also Red has a very strange distortion:
at the top in the middle a
3 U-shape line\\PTV705-AH01\Bad EEPROM On Convergence Panel Part #
483520988327\Will Have To Do A Full
Convergence. Order Part # St4124- Convergence Templates And Full Instructions-
$20 + Shipping\\\\\\\

Philips\PTV700\Repeat failure of the Digital Convergence Module and/or
excessive heat present on one or
more of the Convergence output heat sinks after replacement of the
Module\Excessive drive required of the
Convergence Output stage to correct for improper centering created by DC offset
voltages of the
replacement module.\The DC offsets and tolerances will vary between modules.
This is normal with analog
amplification of the Convergence output stage\PTV700\AFTER REPLACEMENT OF THE
DIGITAL CONVERGENCE MODULE
ALWAYS COMPLETE SCREEN CENTERING ADJUSTMENT OF THE YOKE TABS\AROUND THE GREEN*
RED AND BLUE CRT's.  This
centering must be done with TP4 jumped on the digital convergence module!
After completing the\centering
remove the jumper on TP4.  With the jumper now removed the screen may appear to
be incorrectly centered
but will be corrected by completing the\green geometry and convergence
alignment procedures.  Following
this process will place the output stage of the digital convergence module at
an optimum operating
conditi\\\\\

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR