[TechAssist] Re: LOW HOT B+ Causes Bad PINCUSSION?

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tom lee <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:32:46 -0700

After I remove the diode what would I look for?

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green
 2001 TV VCR
 Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
 760-934-2001                           mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

tl> Hi Bill.
tl> I remember I worked with a Toshiba tv a month ago.It gives me a hard time
tl> because DPC of Toshiba (dynamic pincushion circuit ?).My case is pincushion
tl> out put transistor is cool that means it does not works.May be in your case
tl> it is very hot.Check DPC.There is one way to isolate dpc is remove a diode
tl> in dpc connects to horizontal circuit .Good luck.
tl> Dang TD electronics
tl> reseda  CA
tl> ----- Original Message -----
tl> From: "Bil Green" <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
tl> To: ".TECHASSIST @ freelists . org" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
tl> Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 10:01 AM
tl> Subject: [TechAssist] LOW HOT B+ Causes Bad PINCUSSION?

>> Toshiba CF3054J
>> Chassis TAC8950
>> 30" TV
>>
>> HOT shorted (bad electro at horiz drive transformer)
>> With new HOT (same part no.) the side pincushion is way off
>> (HOT is running nice and cool).
>>
>> All electro's, diodes and transistors on the pin. board
>> check OK. Voltages are real close and Side Pin adjustment
>> works, but doesn't help.
>>
>> The 120V line is down to 114V (replacing 4.7mf and 22mf
>> caps didn't help), so I am ordering the STRS5141G.
>>
>> Has anyone seen low HOT B+ cause extremely bad pincussion?
>>
>> This set is out of town, so I want to have as much info as
>> possible in case the regulator chip doesn't fix the pin
>> problem.
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>>  Bil Green
>>  2001 TV VCR
>>  Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
>>  760-934-2001                          mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

tl> ****************************************************************************
tl> *
>> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>> http://sell.tech-assist.org
>> The Tech Address Book:
>> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>> Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>> Lost Password:
>> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>> Email Archives:
>> //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/

tl>
tl> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
tl> http://sell.tech-assist.org
tl> The Tech Address Book:
tl> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
tl> Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
tl> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
tl> Lost Password:
tl> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
tl> Email Archives: