[TechAssist] Re: JVC model AV-27980 TV

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 22:14:15 -0400

Well, it's been documented many times on these email lists in the past
that when a JVC comes in with lightning damage, to run for the hills.
Many techs have been caught spending large amounts of cash on IC's, etc
for these chassis and most of the time they never do get the thing
running. It seems as though the surge goes through all the expensive
parts in the JVC sets, rendering them not worth repair. This is just
what I have been reading from other techs posting. Good luck if you
decide to continue.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7