[TechAssist] Re: JVC VCR Mod: HR-A53U

  • From: Mike Barnett <passthecash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:13:12 -0700 (PDT)

Mark, these jvc chassis have problems with their mode select switch,
probably what happened is the mode switch shut the load motor off
prematurely and caused the tape to get hung up on the takeup arm(the darkish
grey one in front of the ac head)these usauly brake) when the customer
removed the tape they caused the mech to become misaligned.
This is a very common falure.
Clean the mode switch with a pencil ereaser well and follow up with some
alchohol. This should prevent this one from comming back.
Good luck.
MIke.

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:56:27 -0400, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  This VCR came in constantly trying to eject the tape.  After
>  a couple of tries it would switch off.   I pulled the tape assembly and
>  was able to get the timing corrected.    I don't see any
>  reason for it to lose the sequence to begin with.
>  It's working now, but I don't want to give it back to have
>  it fail again.
>  Does anyone have the supply voltages for this model?
>
>  Also, does anyone have an extra Sams #3844 I can purchase?
>
>  Thanks in Advance,
>  Mark
>
>  Help make your TechAssist online repair tips
>  database better!  Submit your fixes here:
>  http://www.circuitwork.com/techassist/tip/#tips
>  To unsubscribe write to:
>  techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.