[TechAssist] JVC TV AV-27D302-6 skinny horizontal lines in picture

  • From: "John H Smit" <jhsm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:43:10 -0700

Hello to all
I first when I got this TV the vertical was shrunk about 4 inches.
And it had white skinny lines in the top of the picture.
I found C424 bad a 100uf-35V,after I replaced it the picture looked really
good and filled in at the top.

The lines are not visible in the picture,but when I change channel it shows
the lines still in the black between changing.
So I can not let it go this way of course.
I checked C425.C427 and C 428,but they check good also the ESR on them is
good.
I would appreciate if someone would know which one I still mist,since I do
not have a S/m yet.
I really do not think that IC421 the vertical IC would do this it is a
LA7840 chip.
Unless someone would know different.
Thank you in advance
John H Smit