[TechAssist] JBL TC-1 Tuner Controller Second Post

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 01 Jul 2002 10:36:49 -0800

This unit is part of an overhead projection unit. The ceiling mount projector
only has RGB inputs. The Tuner/Controller has composite video, S-Video and
audio as well as RF tuner inputs. The unit is manufactured by Harmon
Electronics. The unit has a good picture but has ringing lines in the video. On
screen menu display also shows the ringing. I checked and replaced any bad caps
in the unit but still have the problem. All the boards are made by NAP and even
the menu is Nap. At the back of the unit, the input/output boards seem to be
digital boards and don't look like the were manufactured by Nap. I imagine that
this is here my problem lies but I cannot locate a schematic or get any other
info for this unit. Is there any other techs. out there that are familiar with
this type of set up or know of a device that just has NTSC Video input to RGB
outputs that I can sub for this unit to get her projector up and running? Any
help would be much appreciated,   Neil

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html