[TechAssist] ITC222 - Will Not Hold Convergence!!!

  • From: "Danny Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:51:09 -0400

What:   52" Projection TV
Make:   RCA
Model:   D52W19B
Chassis:   ITC222
Made:   Dec 2004

Problem:   Will Not Hold Convergence Settings.

Note: Covergence WILL adjust but they are wayyyy off and will not hold after
a day or so.  I went into the Service Mode and followed WinSTIPS tip and
properly STORED Convergence settings. But next morning the tv was turned on
and convergence was way off again. The convergence CAN be adjusted by the
OSD customer settings but they are way off and will not hold for a long
period of time. Within a day or so they go out again. I even checked solder
on all the pc boards but did not see anything. I can recheck solder again if
needed but I need to know what exact component # to check. One tip said
eeprom needed resoldering but I could not find which PC board and which
component # on the board to carefully check.

Any Help???

Danny Garris
Garris Radio & TV
New Bern, NC
(252) 638-4477
dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

"See Ya at the Ohio NESDA Training Weekend"