[TechAssist] Hitachi TV CT2043 chassis GOXU, usually doesn't start up

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 02:16:46 -0400

This is a Hitachi 20" TV CT2043 chassis GOXU. listed in Sams 2965

After plugging it in, press power and it usually won't start. Have to
unplug and plug back in. Sometimes this alone will start it up,
otherwise I have to press power again. Maybe take quite a few times to
start. Once running, it may keep running, or shut down after a few
seconds. will usually start again right after. Although this may seem
like heat related, I haven't been able to correlate the problem with the
hair dryer or freeze spray.

I have replaced a number of caps in the SMPS, and also C741 on main
board. Also replaced 9V reg. 7809 and jungle chip IC501, HA11511CNT

When It doesn't start, there is no horizontal pulse coming out of the
jungle chip,  Pin 28 has 9.0V when set runs and only 5.4V when set won't
start. Hor. driver transistor has 40V dc on collector when set won't
start, and HOT collector has 135V dc. I resoldered the driver
transformer.

Went to Hitachi web site and downloaded service manual, only to find out
that all it entails in the cover page of the manual, in TIF format.
Looked back on their site and notice quite a few manuals are in TIF
format rather than PDF files. Is this a common thing for Hitachi to not
include the important pages of their manuals online? How do I get the
rest of the service information?

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7