[TechAssist] Hitachi 60sx4k, chassis AP34 shutdown

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:54:03 -0500

This AP34 chassis Hitachi is driving me mad.
It comes on for a second, enough to build up HV, and then
goes into shutdown. Checked horizontal out, vertical, audio, etc.
and measured all the voltages at the PS and they're all there
during that second..
I am pretty sure I am not facing the problem properly, I am working
at the customer's home at floor level, and she's pretty hurried. and all that
gets on my nerves...
Wonder if I skipped something. Would like to know how to disable
the protections so I can see what goes up in smoke...
(with Toshibas is very simple, just a matter of cutting a wire)
Will greatly appreciate any suggestions/ideas/tips on this subject.
Good morning.
Jorge

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX