[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi 27CX7B shutdown/odor-bonded yoke delema

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:24:33 -0400

One time I had a similar dilema with the replacement yoke not making the
picture deflect wide enough so what I did was to take a permanent magnet
and set it on top of the horizontal width coil. Turning the magnet or
flipping it over caused the width to vary. I ended up epoxying the
magnet on the coil in the position that suited and covering it with
heatshrink (the coil was previously covered with heatshrink or other
wrapping). I shipped the set and have never heard back from the
customer. Not saying this is a proper repair but it seemed to work
anyway. I also measured the heatsink temperature of the HOT to make sure
it wasn't being driven too hard with that extra magnetic flux added to
the circuit.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada