[TechAssist] Re: H. P. Monitor (D5258A)

  • From: Wally & Sue Heise <sifcamp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:47:01 -0600

Hi Shaun,

Sorry I don't have specific info on this model, but most monitors use
one or more FET's to produce B+ for the various resolutions, trace back
from the primary windings (B+) of the flyback to find these fets or just
visual the board for fets (usually on heat sinks) and located between
the flyback and the smps.  More than likely one of these fets or
associated circuitry is bad, also maybe fusible resistors or pico fuses
in their circuits. It is possible to have an open flyback, but unusual
from what I have seen on my repairs.

Good luck,
Wally Heise
South Isle Repair