[TechAssist] GoldStar 32" TV - CN-33C10 - NC27A - East/West (Sides) Missing Picture - SECOND POST - FOLLOWUP

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:36:50 -0000

FOLLOWUP

Hello Again Gentlemen,

In the process of debugging this TV a couple of weeks ago C812
(47uf/100v) vented and IC801 (STRS6309) shorted, this took out the fuse
in my variable isolation transformer but the fuse on the main board
remained intact. OK, since then I received and installed a new SMPS
regulator (IC801) and C812 with a 33uf/160v (it's all I had kicking
around - test purposes). Long story-short, TV is still dead. No standby.
No relay clicking. I believe the SMPS on this chassis doesn't fire up as
soon as the AC is plugged in (could anyone confirm this), it's relay
activated. What I really need is a service manual or scan of the PS
section please, anyone out there have one? Thanks.

David Lessard

Alexandria, Ontario. Canada

mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx