[TechAssist] General question on Philips PTV coolant replacement

  • From: "Dave Huston" <HustonTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 07:01:22 -0500

I have several of these C-Elements with a film over the coolant side. These
are the plastic lenses that fit on the front of the coolant chambers on the
Philips CRTs.
I have tried every type of cleaner I can think of to remove the film that
forms on these in many cases. Since they are plastic we don't dare use
anything abrasive. Replacement costs are rather expensive on these parts.
Have any of you had any luck cleaning these?

Dave Huston
Huston TV & Electronics
2846 Marion-Cardington Rd.E.
Marion,Oh 43302-8919