[TechAssist] [Fwd: Re: Dell Demention 2350 tower (XP-Home) no desktop icons]

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist >> \"techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx\"" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:59:34 -0400

2nd update:
rebooting put it back to the no-icon symptom again.Didn't stay.
So I again went to that command line, to "C",weaved my way thru the
folders, til I again located a file canned "repair". Clicking it again
restored the desktop icons. Now that I have them, i was able to go to
control panel, performance and mainyainence, and on to  system restore
where I set it back to a restore point a month ago. rebooted, icons are
there, all works OK.
Whew.
The trick was getting the desktop working so I could access the restore
function in the first place!
Not bad for a neophyte!
Phil Bader

--