[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: Emerson 13" TVCR combi, no recorded sound,sound OK on pre- recordings]

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:24:00 -0500

Phil this is a common problem on any older well used machine and is normally
caused by poor tape to head contact caused by clogging of the gap in the
audio head, give it a good scrubbing with a toothbrush and windex with
ammonia as the first thing to try. You probably will hear the recorded audio
if you turn the volume way up if this is the case.
Jim Myers
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx