[TechAssist] Re: Fw: TA/ Sony Trinitron crt set up

  • From: "DAMON BRUNGER" <damoneb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:33:42 -0500

I always thought the front ring for purity, middle ring aligns red/blue
together and rear ring brings red/blue to green.

Anyways, for corner purity those long strips are used to straighten the
lines, and the rotatable magnets are to change the color in the
corners....you have to mount them close to the yoke 1st, then push them
outwards toward the corner if needed.
For really troublesome corners, I go to Radio Shack and get one of those
packs of rectangular or round magnets (more Power!! -Tim the Toolman) and
apply them right around the offending corner.....and don't forget that
flipping/rotating them can change the color too.

I remember that poor Indonesian whose Dad dropped the TV on the
floor...ended up pasting 6 or 7 magnets on one side of the TV set to get rid
of a 2 1/2 inch wide strip of green...used RTV to secure it and about 3 foot
of electrical tape to hold it in place until the RTV Cured!! Sheesh, I
shoulda sold them a new CRT, but given the choice of NO FIX or $225
labor....I chose labor. Turned out ok, customer was happy. I've had to use
RS magnets on 2 Sony's to save them.
They work.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics