[TechAssist] Fw: RCA P52753 (CTC169PEB)

  • From: "repair1" <repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:50:39 -0500

P52753(CTC169PEB)

 I repaired this set 2weeks ago for ps problems(surge). Returned lightbox
set
 played fine. A couple of days later, customer called said there was a
 crackling noise from right speaker when set was shut off. I went back to
 house he was right. I pulled lightbox again and when I tried to turn unit
 on,NOTHING! set has all stby voltages,but uprocessor is not outputting a
 high on pin 38 to turn on q4306.If I manually  turn on q4306 chassis will
 fire up with hv only. Micro seems to have everything it needs(stby 5, reset
 line ok,clock waveform looks good, ks line (pin 5) toggles when power
button
 is pressed,I seem to be going back to defective micro, any suggestions
would
 be  greatly appreciated.

 Charles Betzler
Best Electronics