[TechAssist] Re: Fw: RCA Gemstar,TV guide,Is there a problem?

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:55:41 -0500

I have found that this is not a very reliable circuit, plus the customer
can't set the clock on their vcr and they sure can't set-up the Gemstar,TV
guide plus.
The mfg thinks that they are doing a favor for the customer, but they are
not. It's just like the PIP, the customer uses it for a week, then forgets
that it's even there, until the PIP causes the set to fail. This is another
circuit that will also cause a complete failure of the TV.
This is just my opinion, but the mfg should just make a good set that will
furnish a good picture/sound and leave all that other crap off.
Paul W
C&W Electronics

From: "Ron Miller" <rlmbkm@xxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Fw: RCA Gemstar,TV guide,Is there a problem?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:44:13 -0500

Subject: RCA Gemstar,TV guide,Is there a problem?

 > Since Sept 11th I am getting complaints that this service is not working
or
 > not working right.
 >  Any one else having this problem with TV Guide pulse?
 > Ron Miller
 > D.T.V. Texas

To unsubscribe write to:
techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx